RAA Scholarship Program Requirements and Application Process
Purpose: The primary purpose of the Regional Airline Association Scholarship is to assist with the education of individuals who are studying for a career in the airline industry by providing financial support.
Scholarship: Up to three (3) annual scholarships may be awarded in amounts of $3000 per recipient. Scholarships will be awarded without regard to gender, race, religion or national origin.
Scholarship Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship:
1. Applicants must be officially enrolled in an accredited college or university in a program leading to a career in the airline industry at the time of application and award. Applicants will be considered from other programs/majors, if the applicant’s goal of a career in airline management can be demonstrated through work experience or the personal essay;
2. Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application. An official transcript reflecting grades through the previous academic year at high school, college or university must accompany the application;
3. A resume outlining the applicants work experience, extracurricular or community activities;
4. A 350-word career essay describing the applicant’s interests in the airline industry;
5. A faculty recommendation must accompany the application;
Scholarship Criteria: The following criteria are used for the ranking of applicants for the RAA Foundation Scholarship:
1. Demonstrated scholastic achievement;
2. Demonstrated work experience, extracurricular or community activities;
3. Strength of faculty recommendation; and
4. Strength of applicant’s 350-word career essay
How To Apply: Universities and colleges may submit a maximum of two (2) complete student application packages no later than Friday, March 14, 2014. Only completed scholarship application packages will be considered. Students may not submit their own application packages.
The packages must be sent to:
Preferred method will be an electronically scanned copy of the required documents & application in PDF format.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “2014 RAA SCHOLARSHIP-
LAST NAME” Please use “delivery confirmation” options with your e-mail and ask
for the recipient’s verification. Applications sent by mail must be RECEIVED no later
than March 14.
When Awards Are Made: Scholarship awards will be announced no later than April 10. Winners will be asked for a headshot and short bio to be featured in Regional Horizons.
Regional Airline Association
2025 M Street, NW Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036-3309