RAA Scholarship Program Requirements and Application Process
Purpose: The primary purpose of the Regional Airline Association Scholarship is to assist with the education of individuals who are studying for a career in the airline industry by providing financial support.
Scholarship: Up to four (4) annual scholarships may be awarded in amounts of $4,000 per recipient. Awards will be made to U.S. citizens or permanent residents without regard to sex, race, religion or national origin.
Scholarship Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be officially enrolled in an accredited college or university in a program leading to a career in the airline industry at the time of application and award. Applicants will be considered from other programs/majors, if the applicant’s goal of a career in airline management can be demonstrated through work experience or the personal essay;
- Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application. A transcript reflecting grades through the previous academic year at high school, college or university must accompany the application. Because of the application deadline, applicants may submit transcripts through fall or winter term 2020/2021;
- A resume outlining the applicants work experience, extracurricular and/or community activities;
- A 350-word career essay describing the applicant’s interests in the airline industry;
- A faculty recommendation must accompany the application.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
DO NOT SEND A HARD COPY VIA MAIL. ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE RAA SMARTSHEET WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Scholarship Criteria: The following criteria are used for the ranking of applicants for the RAA Scholarship:
- Demonstrated scholastic achievement;
- Demonstrated work experience, extracurricular or community activities;
- Strength of faculty recommendation; and
- Strength of applicant’s 350-word career essay
How To Apply: The application period for the 2020 RAA Scholarship Program is now closed.
RAA Contact: Michelle Cravez, Membership, Operations and Meetings Manager